Saturday, March 18, 2017

Time Flies

     I have officially hit the halfway point with The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and my playtime is already over 45 hours! Yes another post about a Zelda game but it's all I've been playing recently besides The Binding of Isaac: AfterBirth+ that I picked up yesterday. Anyways I'm halfway through, and not necessarily with the entire game, but when it comes to the shrines I have completed 60 out of the 120 scattered across the massive world. After I freed all the divine beasts I decided that I'm not going to go fight Ganon until I've at least completed all of the shrines and have obtained all of the in-game armor sets, specifically going after the Armor of the Wild and the Dark Link Outfit. Both of which require you to complete all 120 shrines. This game is teeming with nostalgia, whether it be old Zelda songs remixed into new themes, the ability to collect retro outfits and weapons with amiibo, or the familiar races and character designs you come across in the world. It's the perfect mix of old and new, familiar and unfamiliar. This game truly is amazing. I plan on posting more in depth on the nostalgic properties of this game as well as a more thorough examination and review. But for now, I'M HALFWAY THERE!!! Just 60 more shrines to go...
60 Shrines Down

No comments:

Post a Comment